Mount Eklutna via Peters Creek Valley Trail

Mount Eklutna via Peters Creek Valley Trail is a 5.9 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Chugiak, AK that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from June until August.

Scored a beautiful day between rainy days. Easy hike except the very last bit up the mountain. But if a hiking greenhorn like me can make it, anyone can.

One of my favorites! Hiked on 7/26 and there was a lot of blueberries to be picked. Once you get over the brush it is very steep to get to the peak. Well worth the view and a great work out! Highly recommend.

A great option instead of out and back is head south down trail after coming back down from Mt Eklutna. It connects to main trail. No water for pups at elevation.

Nice steep hike with beautiful wildflowers along the way and pretty alpine walk along the ridge line. We had a great birds-eye view of Camp Gorsuch Boy Scout camp on Mirror Lake. We were short of time and didn't complete the entire trail, but the short journey was s great way to spend the Sunday afternoon.

Great

One of the best views of the glen hwy and valley.
But the hike is strenuous

Beautiful views of the Knik Arm, surrounding Chugach mountains, and Talkeetna Range to the north.

really good uphill hike. One of my favorites. Only wish I had more time to explore the top and surrounding area.

My fiancé and I did decided to go take a walk/hike. The view was just amazing, but at first it was muddy but after a while it was partly gone. It was only during the beginning.

It was a beautiful day, so my DH and I decided to hike, the hill (Bear Mountain) behind our house, I had hiked it once a few years ago, but the fog and rain came in at the top so didn't get to see the views like we did on Saturday.
It's pretty much uphill the whole hike, still a lot of ice, with snow melting which makes it muddy which makes it slippery. I had my katoolas on and hiking poles for the hike back down.
We saw a Ptarmigan (white), and a yellow plane did a few fly byes.
I might hike it again on Monday with some girl friends before it gets to slippery.

4/6/14 lots of mud, snow, and ice. Worth every step to the top. Was able to watch the sun set.

Nice hike with good elevation gain and breathtaking views atop Bear Mountain. Some steep sections but a somewhat well maintained trail and usually a few people on the trail if you happen to miss the turn off of the first trail (Peters Creek Valley Trail I think is the main trail from the trailhead?)

fairly steep hike up and can be slippery after a rain event, even a little one. The view is great.