Lost Lake via Primrose Trail

Lost Lake via Primrose Trail is a 13.3 mile out and back trail located near Seward, AK that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, cross country skiing, and snowshoeing.

Beautiful hike!! Like walking in Scotland

Amazing!!! Backpacked in and stayed the night at the lake, Northern lights and stars were amazing! Next day hiked past the lake and west down the valley, scrambled up the shale pile to be eye level with a glacier. So perfect!

Probaly the best hike I've ever been on. This trail is actually a loop, so I suggest starting at the lost lake trailhead and ending at the Primrose campground. We camped over night and it was spectacular. We had great weather and the views were to die for. If you do the loop it's 16 miles. Its not very steep which makes it a nice easy hike.

It's as gorgeous as anything I've ever seen!

One of the most amazing hikes of my life!

Very nice hike great views.

Very well maintained trail with stunning views!

Outstanding!

Superb hike. Just of note: the trail map here shows the "Primrose" trail, which heads southwards to the lakes (from trail head at mile marker 17) and is not the official "Lost Lake Trail" (which leaves from a trail head off mile marker 5 and travels NORTH to the lake). Both are super. We went in and back out via Lost Lake trail and it was spectacular and memorable. Perfect fall day.

Great trail for hiking, biking or running. Spectacular views all along the way. Lost Lake was a nice rest and place to cool off in the water. Views of the bay and the mountains were inspiring

Having this trail at your doorstep is awesome! My wife and i hike this a few times each month during the summer. The lake is the perfect distance from the Lost Lake trail head for an afternoon hike. It is also on of my favorite trails for mountain biking. We have done the full hike through from the Primrose trail head south to the Lost Lake trail head and it is a moderate hike that can be done in a day (6-7 hours.) I have been told that the fishing at the lake isn't bad, but i have yet to give that a try. When you get about 1/3-1/2 way up the trail from the south trail head you can start to see Ressurection Bay.