Hatcher Pass Road

DIFFICULTY 11 reviews

Hatcher Pass Road is a 49 mile trail located near Willow, AK. The trail is primarily used for scenic driving and is accessible from May until November.

scenic driving

beautiful drive, scenic walk and hikes. did it multiple times 2013 thru 2015.

great day drive with several spots to stop and do little hikes!!

Absolutely beautiful, nice gradual incline

The road getting to the trail is compact dirt, fairly steep, and full of switchbacks. Once you get to the summit (about 3.8k feet above sea level) you can hike the rest of the way up to the peak of the mountain. It's a little challenging towards the top but the absolutely breath taking views are worth it.

Want incline, scenic views and lots of trail options? Then Hatcher Pass, AK is the perfect place.

absolutely love this area. It's close to home and yet far enough away. The views are breath taking all year long. You can take your time and take in the view. Well worth your time and energy. My dog loves it year round too. Great place to let your dog run and just play.

I Really don't know how to rate this. I gave this a 4 star because it was such beautiful scenery once I made it to the top and saw the pond up there. I am over weight and a disabled vet so I did get anxious about the look down because it was in the open. The trail was a dirt path, a little muddy in a few areas and rocks. I saw 8 and 10 year olds going up/down with no problems and so I muscled through my fear and pain. I felt accomplished so that's also in my rating but I can't really give an accurate difficulty level. We had less than an hour to make it up and down because they lock the gate. It was ok for our group because we had a skilled hiker who hustled down, moved the car so I didn't have to rush down.

scenic driving

Beautiful drive up the pass, nice hiking trails with awesome views. Perfect day or afternoon hike/drive.

Sooo pretty and soo much to see