Walls of Jericho Trail

Walls of Jericho Trail is a 6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Hytop, AL that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

cave

Está súper lastima que no hubiera agua pero me imagino que en verano está de maravilla

Pretty challenging trail for a beginner, but I loved it. Took around 4-5 hours including the many rest stops when going back up the mountain. Entered trail in one parking lot and came out another. I finished the trail, but had to walk about a mile to my parking lot. That sucked, because at that point I had enough and was just ready to go. I will do it again though, but not until 2017.

Very challenging hike coming back to the Alabama trail head. The walls were amazing def something to see

I loved this trail! It's October so the leaves are changing. We've been in a drought so most of the water was dried up, so we took the opportunity to climb up and into where the pools normally are. Very neat and interesting to explore those areas. I wouldn't call this trail hard, but it's not a walk in the park either. definitely worth the trip for me!

Nice place me and my wife went first hiked in the Al side and camped and hiked out the same way.... About a month later me and a co worker went and hiked in the Tn side and camped it was a much nicer trail than the Al side.... I was really expecting more when I went the first time I think my expectations were just to high. It's worth seeing for sure

Waterfall was not going. I took the switchbacks down and took all the steep shortcuts straight up the side. Not too bad. Took me about 1.5hrs to hike out. The trail is pretty boring, but the Walls are awesome!

I loved the 2 times that we went! The hike is very energizing by all the scenery!

The water levels were low. Hurricane Creek was about ankle deep and Turkey Creek was bone dry. Therefore, no waterfalls.
The camping areas were free of litter.
Much nicer waterfalls in the spring once Turkey Creek has had a chance to start running.

Falls were down when we went but lots of beautiful butterflies

A beautiful hike.

Great hike. We started at the AL trail head and with an average pace 2.3 miles an hour in and made it to the walls in about 1.75 hours. It took us about 2 hours and 20 minutes to come out. The water was low. We hiked in from the TN trailhead in Jan 2015 and the falls were running. We were still able to cool our feet before heading back. It is definitely not for the faint of heart but it is well worth a day in the woods. The primitive campsites are nicely located too. If you like this trail you should definitely try it in multiple seasons.

I hiked from the AL trail head to the TN trail head and went down, camped, hiked out to the AL trail head. Very dry this time of year but there is water for drinking, filter first.

Did a two day trip, hiked down set up camp hiked back up in the morning it was ruff for a big guy like me but worth it was an amazing trip.

Good hike but be prepared for a long uphill hike back to the vehicle. It's about 3 miles downhill to then another 0.5 miles to the waterfall area...then back. If you are close enough to plan around weather, try to come after or during a rain event to see the waterfall. It was dry when I came and there was very little water. There was NO water coming from the big waterfall in the back.

Side note: please have some decency and take plenty of water for your dogs you take with you.

That hill is a killer, but so worth it.

Stunned. Ready to make plans for an overnight trip! Took it very slow going in around 7:30, hung around the trail end for a few hours, cooled down with a swim, and hiked back up and out surprisingly quicker than I expected. Pack was heavy with water but proved to be the right choice. Super stoked about returning when the leaves fall to expand the views.

It was amazing, going again soon.

i had high hope for this place from what Ive read online about Walls of Jericho. Scenically, I left underwhelmed. Nothing that special along the trail heading down to the Walls. Water levels must be way down right now out there. primitive camp ground next to a cemetery was neat, though they people before me had trashed it. frying, pan, blanket and a little girls brush were left and the area littered with wrappers. these people apparently dont understand LNT.