Oak Mountain Yellow Red Loop Trail

Oak Mountain Yellow Red Loop Trail is a 3.7 mile loop trail located near Pelham, AL and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

See the beauty of the foothills of Oak Mountain on this fun hike I joined the Yellow Trail by hiking up the Treetop Nature Trail. At the junction of the Treetop Nature Trail and the Yellow Trail I headed northeast on the Yellow Trail. The Yellow Trail offers the beauty of the foothills of Oak Mountain and because of this it is known as the Foothills Trail. On the Yellow Trail you will find yourself travelling up and down hills and through valleys of the foothills. There are several stream crossings, both with and without small bridges. On this hike I saw 3 wild turkeys and one whitetail deer. The first part of this hike does have a fairly steep climb but once you reach the top the rest of the hike is quite easy. Upon reaching the Yellow/White Connector, I hiked north and took the Red (Bike) Trail until it ended at Terrace Drive. I followed Terrace Drive back to the entrance of the Treetop Nature Trail to complete the loop. I really enjoyed this hike and hope that others get to explore this part of Oak Mountain State Park.