Oak Mountain: Peavine Falls Combo

Oak Mountain: Peavine Falls Combo is a 7 mile loop trail located near Pelham, Alabama and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

7.0 miles Loop

Come bother me

This is where God has camped my tent. I have went to the enemy's camp and took back what he stole from me. God redeems and He restores. God wants you to honor Him!!! Psalms 139 O Lord, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue,behold, O Lord, you know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before,and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me;it is high; I cannot attain it. Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning
and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
even there your hand shall lead me,and your right hand shall hold me. If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night,”even the darkness is not dark to you;the night is bright as the day,for darkness is as light with you.For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works;my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,intricately woven in the depths of the earth.Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them,the days that were formed for me,when as yet there was none of them. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with you. Oh that you would slay the wicked, O God! O men of blood, depart from me! They speak against you with malicious intent; your enemies take your name in vain. Do I not hate those who hate you, O Lord? And do I not loathe those who rise up against you? I hate them with complete hatred;I count them my enemies.
Search me, O God, and know my heart!Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me,and lead me in the way everlasting! Restoration is dependent upon repentance!! Restoration is HOME; its Family.

Deuteronomy 30: New International Version (NIV)

Prosperity After Turning to the Lord
30 When all these blessings and curses I have set before you come on you and you take them to heart wherever the Lord your God disperses you among the nations, 2 and when you and your children return to the Lord your God and obey him with all your heart and with all your soul according to everything I command you today, 3 then the Lord your God will restore your fortunes and have compassion on you and gather you again from all the nations where he scattered you. 4 Even if you have been banished to the most distant land under the heavens, from there the Lord your God will gather you and bring you back. 5 He will bring you to the land that belonged to your ancestors, and you will take possession of it. He will make you more prosperous and numerous than your ancestors. 6 The Lord your God will circumcise your hearts and the hearts of your descendants, so that you may love him with all your heart and with all your soul, and live. 7 The Lord your God will put all these curses on your enemies who hate and persecute you. 8 You will again obey the Lord and follow all his commands I am giving you today. 9 Then the Lord your God will make you most prosperous in all the work of your hands and in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your land. The Lord will again delight in you and make you prosperous, just as he delighted in your ancestors, 10 if you obey the Lord your God and keep his commands and decrees that are written in this Book of the Law and turn to the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

The Offer of Life or Death
Now what I am commanding you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. It is not up in heaven, so that you have to ask, “Who will ascend into heaven to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, “Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?” No, the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it.
See, I set before you today life and prosperity, death and destruction. For I command you today to love the Lord your God, to walk in obedience to him, and to keep his commands, decrees and laws; then you will live and increase, and the Lord your God will bless you in the land you are entering to possess.
But if your heart turns away and you are not obedient, and if you are drawn away to bow down to other gods and worship them, I declare to you this day that you will certainly be destroyed. You will not live long in the land you are crossing the Jordan to enter and possess.
This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life

I really like it. Something worth fighting for

Beautiful hike! I took my dog to the bottom of the falls so it was rather steep and slippery at times but well worth it! Can't wait to go back!

Awesome hike. Had some steep areas, but it was well worth it. Beautiful scenery throughout.

Steep hike, wear good shoes. Beautiful little water fall. Shame it's such a short hike.

Love this place. Oak mountain is a favorite.

We started at the Pea Vine falls parking lot on the green trail then hit the red trail hiked until we came to the orange trail. Turned right on the blue trail and hiked until we came to the white trail. Very long hike. Make a day of it and take lots of water. Be careful coming up the hill when you are almost back to the parking lot do not sit on the bench just keep going.....trust me.

Outstanding