Mountain Mist Trail

Mountain Mist Trail is a 7.5 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Huntsville, Alabama and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

This is a wonderful shaded trail, not a difficult hike/walk

Mountain Mist is a nice trail with lots of bike riders. I then went down McKay. The hike back up was very strenuous with some hands and feet. Good hike to get ready to go on the AT. It was a little over 7 miles.

GOR...wait for it...GEOUS! Not too hard.

Great trail for trail running.

Really enjoyed this trail as my introduction to Monte Sano. Ran with my dog and a friend midweek before lunch, and we seemed to have the entire park's trail system to ourselves. Will definitely be back.

Great trail. You will definetly enjoy the nature.

Great biking trail and easy enough for my kids (8 and 11) and I. Beautiful rock formations at the end of the trail to explore.

Great trail for our labs!

Excellent trail.

I like mountain mist but beware of some fast moving mountain bikers as it is a popular trail. Also very rocky at points, easy trail on which to twist an ankle if not a seasoned hiker. Overall a nice trail and can connect with many other trails for nice loops.