Monte Sano State Park

Monte Sano State Park is a 9.7 mile loop trail located near Huntsville, Alabama. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and trail running.

Really enjoyed this trail.

Busy day but I guess that's what you get in the fall season. My wife and I hiked the North and South Ridge trails and enjoyed the many views. Will definitely return for the opportunity to hike some of the other trails.

Loved the blue plateau trail

A Beautiful place I never knew existed so close to my hometown. Me and my husband plan on camping here late September or October. The primitive campsites were so well laid out. I LOVE this place!

I visited here on a work trip in April. Everything was starting to bloom and the weather was perfect. I attempted to hike the firetower trail but it just ended with no firetower and turned into the plateau loop trail. This trail yielded a gorgeous view of local mountains! The maps show the firetower trail meeting plateau, but I went back to that intersection twice and couldn't pick up the firetower trail. Despite that, the trails are marked well with color coded blazes. There's a picnic area, big playground, camping site and cute cabins with awesome views!