Monte Sano State Park

Monte Sano State Park is a 9.7 mile loop trail located near Huntsville, AL. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking and trail running.

Busy day but I guess that's what you get in the fall season. My wife and I hiked the North and South Ridge trails and enjoyed the many views. Will definitely return for the opportunity to hike some of the other trails.

Loved the blue plateau trail

A Beautiful place I never knew existed so close to my hometown. Me and my husband plan on camping here late September or October. The primitive campsites were so well laid out. I LOVE this place!

I visited here on a work trip in April. Everything was starting to bloom and the weather was perfect. I attempted to hike the firetower trail but it just ended with no firetower and turned into the plateau loop trail. This trail yielded a gorgeous view of local mountains! The maps show the firetower trail meeting plateau, but I went back to that intersection twice and couldn't pick up the firetower trail. Despite that, the trails are marked well with color coded blazes. There's a picnic area, big playground, camping site and cute cabins with awesome views!

My best friend, girlfriend, and I went on a 10 miles hike yesterday and it was worth spending 6 hours to hike around the majestic Monte Sano.

Well marked, all levels of trails. I started out easy and ended up difficult cross country. 4.2 miles in 1:48 kicked my butt!

If you are into biking trail running or just want to take an afternoon hike, this is the place.
Love this place. Run it every chance I get.

My friends and I come here every single month and we love hiking at Monte Sano. Even though the trails are familiar to us, we still manage to find another trail or a view that we never seen before. The last few times my friends and I have been, we manage to get at Monte Sano early so we hike the entire trail; which takes the entire day, but it's worth it. 5/5

I go there several times a month mountain biking. Around 20 trails ranging from easy to difficult, depending on experience. Can get muddy if rains. Picnic and camping facilities along with public restrooms. Rest shelters available along trails. O'Shaughnessy Point is a must see. Several historical markers along trail.

Some of the most beautiful scenery I've ever seen... Definitely going back soon

Camping, hiking, mountain biking, disc golf, picnics, and nature trips are all available to guests at Monte Sano. weekends $3/person, weekdays $2/person (as of April 2013). Worth it for a good day outdoors

There are many well kept trails here for most skill levels (no truly difficult trails IMO). The Plateau loop trails are very popular (easy, wide, & level). Stone Cuts (alt) is my favorite trail thus far.

Great for family day out. I took my 4 and 5 year old and the loved the hike.

They have trails for every skill level rider. Mountain Mist to Goat around Keith and back to Mountain Mist is an awesome loop for more advanced riding.