McKay Hollow Trail

McKay Hollow Trail is a 4.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Brownsboro, AL that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trailhead for the McKay Hollow Trail is on the bluff side of the Picnic Area in Monte Sano State Park. Park in the Picnic Area and walk down the pathway on the right side of the Large Pavilion. Signs marking the high bluff will direct you to the trail, just to the right of the Small Pavilion.

Challenging and fun trail.

Hope you have good knees before trying this hike! Not too strenuous, but precarious is a better word. I extended it a little and added the Natural Well trail, and came back and looped the Fire tower trail in for a 4 mile round trip.

Great trail. Challenging, but fun. It's one I do every year and I plan to keep it on my schedule.

One of the hardest trails I've hiked! I'll do it again!

Pretty tough run or hike, but well worth the effort for some spectacular views and forest scenery.

This is a really nice trail if you want to spend 2 hours in a pretty area and don't mind exerting yourself a bit. I wouldn't take my dog to the bottoms since he is a pup but an experienced dog would love this. I haven't seen any water on it but I bet that would change after a good range ... I bet the hollow would be raging.

It's my favorite trail. Start on falls side at picnic area. Steep downhill, about a mile of flats, and then a nice steady climb back to the top. excellent cardio on the climb.

One of my favorite trails in the park. Rugged in parts.