Maggies Glen Loop Hike

Maggies Glen Loop Hike is a 2 mile loop trail located near Pelham, AL and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Nice family friendly hike. Great for a Sunday afternoon! The hike to Maggies Glen from the North Trailhead in Oak Mtn State Park is an excellent hike for beginners or for a family that wants to enjoy a Sunday afternoon. This particular hike should only take an hour or two. On this hike I parked at the North Trailhead and walked a couple of hundred yards up the North Trailhead to the sign which marks the direction to Maggies Glen. I followed the white trail towards Maggies Glen. The hike at this point is fairly level and quite relaxing. After travelling approximately a mile (the midpoint of the hike) you will be rewarded by reaching Maggies Glen. The Glen offers a great point to stop and rest. The Glen has benches which were built by a Boy Scout for his Eagle Scout project and has a lovely stream which produces very relaxing sounds as it flows over rocks in the area. After sitting and listening to the stream for a few minutes, I finished my hike by taking the Yellow Trail at the Glen which led me back to my starting point.

Very enjoyable hike. Pretty views at Maggies Glen.