Little River Canyon

Little River Canyon is a 0.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Fort Payne, Alabama that features a waterfall. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, rock climbing, and mountain biking.

rock climbing

Various hiking trails. http://www.nps.gov/liri/index.htm

We went here in November and sadly everything was dry. We and several others actually walked where the waterfall was usually flowing which was kinda cool. But I bet when it is flowing it is breathtaking!

Always good to go somewhere during the summer and be able to go swimming.

The water felt amazing after the hot hike down. Not much rain lately so the water level is way down. Hike down to falls was fairly easy. Hike back up was a little more difficult.

Great hike. Getting to the bottom isn't so bad. The swimming holes are great. Even my baby loved being in the water. But omg that climb back up is rough if you aren't in shape. We have been going since I was a kid. Definitely worth it :)

Just wow!

easy hike down to water. I went Saturday 11\7 and it was a bit rainy, however the water levels were high and great for kayaking.

Truly beautiful!

Hiked down to Martha Falls/Hippie Hole. Not a long hike and a great place for a swim.

Beautiful little place. Great to do some swimming, but can get super crowded on a nice day.