Lake Lurleen, Al state park

Lake Lurleen, Al state park is a 14 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Coker, AL that features a great forest setting. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options.

Trail running, hiking, mountain biking

Third time to do this! I chose 5 stars and it always shows 4...All our public lands, (State and National Parks) rely partly on the entrance "fees" I am seeing some complain about on here. Some Alabama St. Parks have already been closed due to not enough funding and less people visiting them. One NP that does not charge is the Great Smoky Mountain NP. More volunteers are needed to maintain the trails, campgrounds and many other public use places in our great nations Public lands. I am very happy to pay the entrance fee.

this place rocks. I rode clockwise and it was like a roller coaster ride

The hike here is great. If your looking for a nice walk along the lake side I would encourage you to hike to the dam and back. It's a 4 mile easy hike. The trail continues around the lake and is really an easy hike, it's long approximately 13.5 miles from the trailhead next to the park entrance. Like most state parks there is an entrance fee and its minimum fee. I have hiked the entire trail numerous times and have always enjoyed the nice clean trail. The Tuscaloosa bike club maintains the trails and they do a wonderful job!

$3 for adults, $1 for kids and sr citizens. can get crowded, especially when the weather is nice. the trail head had several piles of firewood and a big tractor tire. a portion of the trail runs by the road. I wouldn't recommend if you're trying to get away from it all, but it's fine if you're looking for an afternoon walk

Pretty and well-maintained trails.

The lake is pretty, an easy but long hike. Clean trails, just be ready to pay!

Great park for people just getting into the sport! Good fast track up and down the lake side. Paying to get in is a bunch a crap.

Beautiful park. Be prepared to pay an entry fee, though. Even if all you want to do is ride your bike through on the road.