Coosa River

Coosa River is a 6.8 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Wetumpka, AL that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for canoeing and whitewater kayaking and is accessible year-round.

6.8 miles Point to Point

whitewater kayaking

This river is a nice 7 mile run . I love the rapids and exploring the area for wildlife.

canoeing

Kayak supplied through Coosa Outdoor Adventure Center. Excellent service and equipment!! I highly recommend them.
River was low so wasn't as high adventure as I had hoped for but one of our group did fall out off his sit upon kayak. Great scenery and fun time.

Floated coosa river yesterday 9/7/14
It was a mellow day out on the river.
The flow was 4000 cfps. So the rapids where easy. I would like to float it at peak flow 8000 cfps. Maybe next time.

canoeing

We as a family and as a scout group have done this section many times. The time without paddling maybe 4 hrs but the section can be completed in less than 1 1/2 hr. Enjoy the ride along the way, if yaking stop and play, if canoeing scout the stops, especially Moccasin gap, a level three rapid.

Tell Lonnie I said hello

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
--Helen Keller

whitewater kayaking

This was a great trip with a group of friends . Plenty of places to pull out and relax after going through the white water. Our group was a good mix of experienced and first time kayakers and we all had a great time.