Conecuh NF North Loop

Conecuh NF North Loop is a 12 mile loop trail located near Samson, AL and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from March until May. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Cypress Ponds, Longleaf Pine Forests and lots of wild life. The terrain is much like one would expect in southern Alabama. There are lots of pine trees and lots of swamps and or ponds. If you plain to camp over night be prepared to be serenade to sleep be the millions of frogs. There is lots of interesting wild life. Beware of snakes. There are plenty. The north loop does not provide very many convenient places to retrieve water so bring plenty and make sure to filter what you get locally. The trails are in great shape and the terrain is pretty easy.

I did the north loop on a nice Febuary day, so I didn't have to worry about mosquitos, gators, or snakes. The Blue Pond recreation parking lot was where I planned on parking, but they did not open until April, and the road was blocked. So I parked at the United Methodist Camp and just hiked north to find my way to the trail. From this spot the total distance was about 14-15 miles and took me right at 7 hours to complete. I did not see anybody else on the trail the entire time so it was very peaceful. The terrain was flat and the trail was well marked with white diamonds on the trees. It was very swampy at some spots and my feet got pretty good and soaked. If you are looking for a long hike with easy terrain, this is for you.

I used the location indicated on this app attempting to find this trail, and it wasn't in the location marked. Unless you know how to find this trail. The pin point on the map needs to be updated.

This trail is actually in Andalusia...not Samson. Which is about an hour and a half worth of driving. There is a $3 park fee and the trail is boring at best-no terrain. Seems like a decent place to park an RV for the night and get some fishing done. Otherwise, don't go out of your way. It is off highway 135.