Clear Creek Bicycle Trail

Clear Creek Bicycle Trail is a 2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Jasper, AL that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October.

2.0 miles Out & Back

Be mm bum. I jut hunt nene

Directions put me on Smith Lake dam Rd and had my road location on the road just about 1/10th of a mile from the boat launch. On one side was a chained off dirt road access that was clearly marked Private Property on the opposite side of the road was another chained off dirt road access to a radio tower. It was labeled tower access road and no "No Trespassing sign was noted & the pin marker was located on that side of the road. We went down the road till we were 90deg parallel with Pin marker so we went off trail to see if we could get to the pin marker and we did make it to the marker but were not on any type of trail. The description on this states it is a paved path. Either the GPS coord's are off or? On the way back out we saw a No Tresspassing sign laying on the ground just inside the gated entrance - so am assuming I shouldn't have even been on that site.

This trail is the bicycle trail,however it is not a mountain biking trail. It is paved with gentle sloping changes,however it is used mostly by walkers,but you will see a few people on bikes,mostly families coming from the campground and going to the swimming area. Nice quiet walk follows the Lewis-Smith lake shoreline. From the swimming area end of this trail you can take a hiking trail that has some nice rock bluffs, one that makes a natural shelter,and a few waterfalls . Its a nice hike.