Chewacla State Park Trail

Chewacla State Park Trail is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Auburn, AL that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

Started walking the Falls View Trail with a goal to walk around the lake. Not marked very good and looks like the BMX crowd sort of goes where they want. At one time probably very nice but needs signs and markers replaced. Probably just get torn down by the punks. Very pretty in places, the water was not flowing over the dam but I can imagine that when it does the falls are worth the short walk. Made it around the lake with a side trip to the quarry in about 2.8 miles.

Not impressed

I do a lot of hiking in Northern GA and I'm always looking for hard terrain (elevation gain) to get a good work out. Chewlaca Falls has a lot of trails and some steep inclines nothing over a few hundred feet though. It's a good starter trail or a place that's closer to home to go hike for us. It does have some cool views and the water fall is cool to look at and play around on the rocks at the base of the falls. Unfortunately Alabama State parks are much more expensive than GA to it costs around a $20 to take my family of 5. But over all I would recommend going if your in the area.

Good trail for all ages/skill level. The park has been doing extensive work on the entire trail system and so far everything is showing significant improvement. Trail markers, general trail maintenance, addition of new hiking trails and impressive new mountain biking improvements make this a top notch place to explore. I live in the area and highly recommend Chewacla State Park.

Love this place. Love it because it's not far from home!

Beautiful and well kept trails. Steep in some areas depending on which trail and which way you choose. Had a wonderful time

We hiked this trail today and sat by the falls to eat lunch. Absolutely beautiful and relaxing we only did 3.2 miles. The trails were easy to follow, I know this will be a place we go back to often.

Very well maintained trails. Great for hiking/jogging. Trails are marked fairly well but you must pay attention. Beautiful scenery. I will be back.

Chewacla State Park had a beautiful scenery and was very clean. The hike to the falls is short and sweet but does have a bit of a steep incline. We did find some of the other trails poorly marked, signs were worn down and unreadable in some places, but overall great for all skill levels and we will definitely go back to explore some more.

Thank you Alabama State Parks and Chewacla State Park for five wonderful free days of camping. That is a great way to convey your appreciation to customers for their support of Alabama State Parks. Please continue this on a regular basis. As for the trails of the park. The trails are great for family outings. We took our 2-year old grandson on his three wheel jogging carriage around the lake trail right upto the waterfalls. The photos above barely touch the beauty of the falls or the park.

One of my favorites.

love the primitive camping, the trails are clean and challenging. some are longer than the others. but none are to advanced I will be going back soon. absolutely loved it. me and my son loved the water fall. it was a cool place to see. but make sure you find the right one.

I just hiked down to the Falls, but it was beautiful. The hike to the falls is easy for kids and only about a mile. Watch your step though; it is a bit slippery coming down with all the moss on the rocks and roots.

A few different options of difficulty and loop length. Very well maintained trails by Camp-Sorba and they have not stopped building/connecting/improving trails since I started riding there.

The trails here are spaced apart to easy and hard there is also a pump trail and they are supposed to be building more trails and a few trick trails it is a clean and family environment it is good for fishing, kayaking, swimming, and is a high dive and playground for the kids

While the tail is classified as easy, at has some pretty challenging areas such as the rocks and ample sharp turns. Overall very enjoyable and it goes through several different terrains. Very well marked and clean. The trails were also very well maintained.