Cherokee Ridge Alpine Trail

Cherokee Ridge Alpine Trail is a 3.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Dadeville, Alabama that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Beautiful trail, well signed, pretty lake views, most scenic trail in Alabama

This trail was fun. Did not make it through the entire trail due to time but it was so much fun for my dog and I. There was ice on the rocks that day. It was beautiful. Well worth the time. I will definitely be going back.

There are in fact several connected loop trails from this location. You can choose different ways according to your time and energy, it can be as short as 1 mile and as long as 7 mile, which I think one can spend a whole day there.Trails are well designed and we can get very close to the water. Will go there again.

This trail is supported but the Cherokee ridge Alpine Trail Association, and they're doing a great job. It is well marked and maintained. There is a map at the beginning of the trailhead (head to the right of the stone sign in the parking lot), which tells you how to extend your hike. If you complete the side loops according to the map, you can hike up to seven miles. Very beautiful both along the lake and in the trees.

I loved this trail and looking forward to returning soon. The 3.1 mile loop is challenging in some parts because of elevation changes and steep rocky terrain, but the variety of trees, plants and views of the lake make it worth it. I did the trail solo and felt relatively safe. There is a sign-in sheet at the Deadening Alpine entrance. Trail is easy to follow and fall colors were amazing.

The wife and I have been to this trail twice. The first time we hiked the 3.2 mile south loop. This time we hiked the 4.0 mile trail, which adds a portion to the 3.2 mile loop. The views of the lake are very good, with some interesting natural features. The trails are well marked and well defined.
At times it's challenging but overall agree with the moderate rating.
There is a nice picnic area at the parking lot with a great scenic view of Lake Martin.
Well worth the time!

Very well marked . Awesome trail with great views . Challenging at times

The trail is great! My wife and I did the 4 mile loop. It was so hot though. We will definitely do it again in the fall.

Deadening Alpine Trail is excellent. Well marked, great elevation changes, and good views. One of my favorites in the area.

Perhaps one of the best hikes in central Alabama, especially in the Fall. Physiography is not what you would expect in this part of the state. Depending on which trails you choose, this hike can give you an excellent workout. Views of Lake Martin and the Tallapoosa River are outstanding. Wildlife is often seen early in the mornings. Be sure and use DEET in the summer months as ticks can be a problem on these trails.

Great day!

Will definitely be back. We did the deadening alpine trail. Just up the road from the Cherokee trail and had some awesome views.

I've been going here since before the trails were there.

Awesome views of the lake! Will definitely get your heart rate going and work your glutes. Luckily there are some prime places to stop and rest and enjoy the scenery.

Loved it and loved the view. I did deadening which was a bit more difficult than expected but I still enjoyed it. I definitely wouldn't recommend this trail to anyone who wasn't experienced or at least in good shape. WARNING: Be careful of ticks!!! Fortunately I didn't get any but my dog who is on two different flea and tick medicines came home with 3!