Cave Creek Trail from Cheaha Trailhead

Cave Creek Trail from Cheaha Trailhead is a 6.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lineville, Alabama that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

The Cheaha trailhead is a great starting point for many routes along the Pinhoti Trail. You can park a car here and do a day trip to many beautiful sites.

Great hike. Called the State Park the night before. They recommended going counterclockwise. Take the Pinhoti side first then catch the connector over to the Cave Creek trail. Apparently it is easy to miss the connector when you go the other way. Will definitely do this one again. Great views. Took about 3.5 hours. Highly recommend it.

I would say this is a strenuous trail, considering the super rocky part at Pinhoti trail. Look for the blue marks on trees and you won't get lost. There are breathtaking view points on the pinhoti trail.

Backpacked here on Nov 25, 2016. Great Trail. With the recent drought the vegetation was certainly suffering. Streams were dry. met several folks that were day hiking but the forest was empty overnight except for us.

I hiked several miles along the Pinhoti section of this trail out to Mcdill point. It had some breathtaking views and the trail is rocky along parts. Passed several campsites along the way and the plane crash was a humbling experience especially as i turned around and headed back to realize that part of the plane was in another section. Also took my pup along for the hike.

Cave Creek is a moderately difficult trail mainly due to the loose rocky sections that begin after mile 2. There are several places where you can get confused, they really need to mark the trail. There are signs in the most critical spots though. The best views are on the Pinhoti side of the loop. Most of the camping spots are on that section as well. I camped on McDill Point which is a spectacular spot

Had an amazing day!! The trail was great and the views were breathtaking!!! Sorry for not stopping the GPS when we finished the hike I forgot to stop recording. LOL, I highly recommend this trail and using this app. It helped me make sure we stayed on track and helped us find all the great sites along the trail!!

Nice loop with a few outlooks. The leaves we're starting to turn and we had nice weather. Fun to hike a part of the Pinhoti trail.

A tough one in some spots in the heat of the summer but McDill Overlook is mesmerizing and worth the trip. The plane wreckage makes for an eerie stop. Plenty of scenic spots to camp along the way.

Awesome Hike and beautiful views!

My son and I Loved it!