Cave Creek Trail from Cheaha Trailhead

Cave Creek Trail from Cheaha Trailhead is a 6.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lineville, AL that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

The Cheaha trailhead is a great starting point for many routes along the Pinhoti Trail. You can park a car here and do a day trip to many beautiful sites.

Backpacked here on Nov 25, 2016. Great Trail. With the recent drought the vegetation was certainly suffering. Streams were dry. met several folks that were day hiking but the forest was empty overnight except for us.

I hiked several miles along the Pinhoti section of this trail out to Mcdill point. It had some breathtaking views and the trail is rocky along parts. Passed several campsites along the way and the plane crash was a humbling experience especially as i turned around and headed back to realize that part of the plane was in another section. Also took my pup along for the hike.

Cave Creek is a moderately difficult trail mainly due to the loose rocky sections that begin after mile 2. There are several places where you can get confused, they really need to mark the trail. There are signs in the most critical spots though. The best views are on the Pinhoti side of the loop. Most of the camping spots are on that section as well. I camped on McDill Point which is a spectacular spot

Had an amazing day!! The trail was great and the views were breathtaking!!! Sorry for not stopping the GPS when we finished the hike I forgot to stop recording. LOL, I highly recommend this trail and using this app. It helped me make sure we stayed on track and helped us find all the great sites along the trail!!

Nice loop with a few outlooks. The leaves we're starting to turn and we had nice weather. Fun to hike a part of the Pinhoti trail.

A tough one in some spots in the heat of the summer but McDill Overlook is mesmerizing and worth the trip. The plane wreckage makes for an eerie stop. Plenty of scenic spots to camp along the way.

Awesome Hike and beautiful views!

My son and I Loved it!

Magical place to say the least! We did this trail in May and it was such an adventure! Great terrain and landscape changes along the hike keeping it interesting! We saw a gorgeous endangered snake that was peacefully passing by. We came across old plane wreckage to explore as well! The views were incredible! We will make this a regular hike and are so excited to have discovered this gem in our home state!

Challenging

Planning to camp soon! Found some great spots!

I loved this trail! This is a family friendly hike.

Simple and fun day hike. The good views don't take long to reach and there are plenty of places to stop and explore. We stuck to the Pinohti trail for about 1.5 hours then turned back for a out and back hike of 3 hrs.

Not to bore you with same review as others, but this is a good loop trail. Easy going south on Cave Trail. WARNING. When you leave park and enter National Forest there is a trail to the right that goes nowhere but up. We met others that had turned early got frustrated and went back to trail head. Watch you GPS or just continue on to a well marked connector to the Pinhoti. It starts to get steep at this point and once on the Pinhoti you are in rock hell for about 3/4 of a mile. Wear good boots and trekking sticks are a must! Great overlooks and fun trip. Map shows 6.5 but it is closer to 7.5 according to my GPS.

Great trail for those seeking beautiful outlooks for mountain ranges. That being said, this trail can be difficult for those who are older, and have weak joints. There are several rocks to climb, and plenty of places to roll an ankle ( as did I and my friend ) make sure you come prepared, plenty of water, food, medicine, and you should be good to go! :)

Was a good trail but tough on a first timer