Caney Creek Falls Trail

Caney Creek Falls Trail is a 1.7 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Double Springs, Alabama that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

6 minutes ago

Stunning location! A must see for those who love waterfalls! Side note... Based off of some of the reviews I started to take my father with me but on the way out I was so thankful that I didn't. The hike in and out is short but it absolutely requires a certain level of conditioning and balance. The trail out is a little steep for a period of time and there are rocks and a fallen tree to make your way over. Just something to keep in mind.

Beautiful. A must see

Beautiful water fall and relatively easy hike out and back. Parts of the trail is rutted and it is a bit of a work coming back up the hill when you are leaving but over all this is an easy hike for people in decent shape. If you are really out of shape this could be rated as moderate. The final part of the trail just as you descend toward the falls is a bit dicey but can be easily navigated if you take your time. The cliffs across from the falls are a neat area to explore as well and could be an excellent place to wait out a rain shower if needed.

Easy trek back to the falls, you can continue the trail along the river for more beautiful scenery.

just gorgeous

Lovely scenery, easy access. One of my favorite morning hikes.

What a lovely little slice of heaven. Quiet serene gorgeous and private. I backpacked in about a month ago. The hike in was easy which was good because my pack was a bit too heavy. Please note that you need to bring water unless you have a water treatment kit. Animals include that normal squirrels, raccoons and feral pigs. The pigs are not dangerous but they are curious. I heard one snorting around my tent in the night. I always hang my food and cosmetics just in case. I will definitely return.

Beautiful!

It's a beautiful place but not an easy trail for all skill levels as the website claims. Parts of the trail are washed out and lots of inclines especially on the way back out. You need to be very good physically fit or young. Me and my had to be carried out.

Pack lightly