Borden Creek Hiking Trail

Borden Creek Hiking Trail is a 5 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Double Springs, Alabama that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

bridge out

Solitude, rock formations, older growth forest This trail has two personalities. In parts it is a wonderful trail through some of the older growth forest. This trail is one of the only marked trails in sipsey. The trail markings are spaced orange flags. Towards the 2.5 mile point the reason for these markers becomes dramatically apparent. Due to the huge numbers of unmanaged blow downs the trail at times becomes unrecognizeable and requires significant bushwhacking from flag to flag. This trail is almost unused and sports few if any established camp sites. This gives the advantage of being a true back woods experience, but also puts the responsiblity on hiker to be sure to leave any campsites in pristine condition.

Did this trail with some friends years ago and loved it. Lots of climbing and exploring to be done. Can't wait to take my sons back.

As you can probably see, I didn't actually do the trail itself. I explored the opposite side of the road. I crossed the bridge after I parked and explored some of the bluffs past the picnic area. My pace was extremely slow due to climbing around so much. The opposite side of the river has some bluffs I'd like to get to some other time. If you don't mind going off the beaten path, you won't mind it. There is somewhat of a trail to follow both along the bluffs as well as beside the river. I met one other couple on this south side of Cranal Rd as I was coming out. This whole area has plenty of sights to see. Can't wait to go back.

Took my wife and son out on this trail after the rains this past weekend. There's a bunch of waterfalls to see after the rains. My son loved the fat man squeeze part.

Love this place. I take beginners here because of the ease and the scenery. If you pick this place to backpack/hike for the first time you will find a love for the outdoors

Awesome scenery!! On one side huge towering cliffs and coves and on the other side the sipsey river!

Might should be rated moderate. First .5 miles pretty steep down hill. So the return when you are tired I s a steep up hill .5 mile trek. The trail was nice, but not much other than nature to see. Lots of use by horses. Trees across trails need to be cleared.

Very fun day !! Great scenery!!!

I was not aware that the small cave in the big boulder that sits in the middle of the trial went all the way through. Go through it! it is easier than going over or around the Boulder

Love this trail! Beautiful scenery (follows Borden creek) nice camping sites, and the "cave" is an adventure my boys love exploring. So, make sure you bring flashlights/headlamps. Also, found some fossils while exploring the bluffs. Can be a bit crowded especially on weekends.

We hiked this trail and part of another trail(not sure what number the other trail was). Met friendly people on the trail. The only thing was we did not know about the little cave that you walk through to get past a mound of rocks. The first time we went over. We found out about the cave going back through. We will go back! Our next goal is to try the 209. The water was to high to get to the trail.

Wonderful!!