EveryTrail is now a part of AllTrails! Please click here to read more.

Mitte Walking Tour

Mitte Walking Tour is a 4.2 mile point-to-point trail located near the city of Berlin and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for walking and is accessible year-round.

4.2 miles 725 feet Point to Point

This grand tour of the center of Berlin shows off all of the famous and important sights. You will see all of the highlights between the Tiergarten and Alexanderplatz including the Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag, Unter den Linden, Museum Island with its famous museums, the red town hall, the TV tower, Alexanderplatz, and much more. There is no better way to see Mitte than on foot.

As I was going to Berlin I wanted to find a walking tour guide and discovered Everytrail. The Walking Tour of Historic Mitte looked good so I downloaded it to my iphone. In Berlin, I found the guide invaluable. Having it pre downloaded to my phone meant that whilst on the walk I didn't need an internet connection, thereby saving the data costs. The tour was great and provided useful information about each point of interest. Also, with having each point of interest plotted on a map with my current location also shown, it was easy to find the various places. The distance to each of the POI's from current location is also shown. Chris obviously researched the places of interest before compiling the tour. The detail and the photos provided were very good. Thanks Chris. We had a great time in Berlin.

I lived in Berlin for 3 months at the end of 2007 while studying abroad and I loved every second of it. Berlin is such an amazing city and I plan to go back some day to spend even more time there.

The differences between the East and West are so apparent as you walk around downtown and as you move from the Reichstag towards Alexanderplatz. This tour takes you to all of the major highlights, but there are definitely lots of hidden secrets as well.

Here are some of my favorites, if you don't have much time:
- Brandenburger Tor (Brandenburg Gate)
- Reichstag
- Memorial to the Murdered Jews
- Unter den Linden
- Hackescher Markt
- Berliner Dom
- Alexanderplatz

It will take you a lot of time to truly see all that Berlin has to offer, but this will get you off to a good start.