The Torres del Paine “W” Circuit

The Torres del Paine “W” Circuit is a 43.5 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near the city of Torres del Paine that features a river and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and backpacking and is accessible from October until May.

43.5 miles 11552 feet Point to Point

A breathtaking, bucket-list trek for any backpacker with sights you will never forget.

We just returned from completing this absolutely stunning yet challenging trek through Chilean Patagonia. We camped each night in a tent and got the full backpacking experience. This was the first time we have ever trekked with full packs so the biggest challenge for us was the weight of the packs over large distances and steep elevation gains. We did the trek East to West and spent an extra day kayaking and climbing Glacier Grey, which was amazing. Would recommend this trek to anyone who wants to see some of the most amazing natural beauty this world has to offer (and get much stronger leg and back muscles in the process)! I will be posting a more in depth review to my website soon and will post a link here when done.

Spectacular. We did the 5 day W trek from east to west, and it was the most beautiful trail I've ever hiked. Varied and challenging terrain but totally doable for anyone in decent shape. We woke up at 4am to climb to the base of the Torres for sunrise, and it was incredible. Strongly recommend doing that. We also did the glacier hike at the end of the W, and that was equally spectacular. One of the most memorable weeks of my life.

Loved this hike. Will have to go back to do the w. Make sure you leave early or you'll never make the trip to top.

One of the most beautiful places on Earth! I would rate this 10 stars. We did a 6 day backpacking trip and did the entire W route in Torres Del Paine National Park not just Los Torres. A group of us went in January. We experienced all different kinds of weather and scenery. Very difficult terrain but I would highly recommend this trip to anyone.

sorry about the one star below, it was a mistake and I can't edit it delete. This is my all time favourite hike and my favorite national park....in the world.

I really enjoyed this trail, it was a good work out but nothing to strenuous. It took me 45 minutes to reach the end of the maintained trail. The hike has great city, beach and ridge views.

Superb

Day hike past glaciers through a gorgeous forest ending at a glacial lake. Beautiful!

The trail starts up a fairly steep hill and then goes along the valley with beautiful views. A river tumbles along below and you soon get to beautiful beach forests and cross a bridge to a camp. Continue on with mountains above you, and the creek next to you as you walk through this beautiful beach forest. In March,the colors were starting to turn. Head uphill through a talus slope and soon the spires of Los Torres come into view. Top the rock field and drop down to the glacial lake in front of the spire. Just soak it in. We were lucky to have a clear day and little wind, a big plus.