Torres del Paine “W” Circuit

Torres del Paine “W” Circuit is a 43.5 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Tres Torres, De Magallanes y Antartica Chilena, Chile that features a river and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and backpacking and is best used from October until May.

43.5 miles 11430 feet Point to Point

A breathtaking, bucket-list trek for any backpacker with sights you will never forget.

Loved this hike; the scenery is absolutely stunning. I'd describe the hike as moderate rather than hard because there's not that much elevation gain. Also, the park's infrastructure is pretty good, so no need to carry your own tent - you can sleep in so called Refugios instead. I'd reccommend hiking from west to east and save the 'highlight' of the actual Torres for last. This is how i did it:
Day 1 - leave early from Puerto Natales, take the ferry across Lake Pehoe and hike from Paine Grande to Refugio Grey. Check out Grey Glacier in the late afternoon.
Day 2 - In the morning, hike up towards Campamento Paso to get a better view of the glacier, but then turn around an hike back to Refugio Pane Grande
Day 3 - Hike to Refugio Los Cuernos with a detour up Valle des Frances; it's a steep hike but the view is worth it
Day 4 - Hike to Refugio Chileno, drop your pack, and hike up to the base of the Torres
Day 5 - hike down to Hosteria Las Torres; there you can either take a shuttle bus to Laguna Amarga or keep on hiking (approx. another 1 1/2 h). The hike to Laguna Amarga is not that special, but you might get the chance to see some Guanacos up close. From L.Amarga take the bus back to Puerto Natales.

Hard but possible!!! Amazing views all the trail. I prefer to do it with The Towers view at the end of the trip (west to east).

We just returned from completing this absolutely stunning yet challenging trek through Chilean Patagonia. We camped each night in a tent and got the full backpacking experience. This was the first time we have ever trekked with full packs so the biggest challenge for us was the weight of the packs over large distances and steep elevation gains. We did the trek East to West and spent an extra day kayaking and climbing Glacier Grey, which was amazing. Would recommend this trek to anyone who wants to see some of the most amazing natural beauty this world has to offer (and get much stronger leg and back muscles in the process)! I will be posting a more in depth review to my website soon and will post a link here when done.

Spectacular. We did the 5 day W trek from east to west, and it was the most beautiful trail I've ever hiked. Varied and challenging terrain but totally doable for anyone in decent shape. We woke up at 4am to climb to the base of the Torres for sunrise, and it was incredible. Strongly recommend doing that. We also did the glacier hike at the end of the W, and that was equally spectacular. One of the most memorable weeks of my life.

Loved this hike. Will have to go back to do the w. Make sure you leave early or you'll never make the trip to top.

One of the most beautiful places on Earth! I would rate this 10 stars. We did a 6 day backpacking trip and did the entire W route in Torres Del Paine National Park not just Los Torres. A group of us went in January. We experienced all different kinds of weather and scenery. Very difficult terrain but I would highly recommend this trip to anyone.

sorry about the one star below, it was a mistake and I can't edit it delete. This is my all time favourite hike and my favorite national park....in the world.

I really enjoyed this trail, it was a good work out but nothing to strenuous. It took me 45 minutes to reach the end of the maintained trail. The hike has great city, beach and ridge views.

Superb

Day hike past glaciers through a gorgeous forest ending at a glacial lake. Beautiful!

The trail starts up a fairly steep hill and then goes along the valley with beautiful views. A river tumbles along below and you soon get to beautiful beach forests and cross a bridge to a camp. Continue on with mountains above you, and the creek next to you as you walk through this beautiful beach forest. In March,the colors were starting to turn. Head uphill through a talus slope and soon the spires of Los Torres come into view. Top the rock field and drop down to the glacial lake in front of the spire. Just soak it in. We were lucky to have a clear day and little wind, a big plus.