Copeland Forest Trail

Copeland Forest Trail is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Oro-Medonte, ON that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October. Horses are also able to use this trail.

I found out about this trail on AllTrails. It says that the trail is hard and is listed next to the centennial ridge trail in Algonquin park and sections of Bruce trail near to tobermory. I'm very well familiar with those trails as I've walked them many times. I was surprised to find there is another "hard" trail like those that are close to Toronto, so I drove all the way and basically wasted the entire day on the trail that is flat. This trail is perfect for dog walking, cross country skiing or mountain biking. But this is not a hiker's trail. There are way more rugged trails near Toronto than this. This trail is a joke. Also for a hiker it's very boring. It needs to be reclassified as easy.

Very nice trail. Difficult enough to be interesting. I had to really watch my step because some of the narrow parts drop off steeply at the sides. Lots of diverse geography. Really enjoyed hiking here. It is not clearly marked so I found the navigation hard.

Definitely a 5 star winter trail. We went straight instead of left and it's very peaceful as you move in deeper to the forest.

Amazing trail! Super beautiful this time of the year.