Zoa Peak

DIFFICULTY 1 reviews

Zoa Peak is a 6.8 mile out and back trail located near Fraser Valley, BC. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from July until October.

6.8 miles 2090 feet Out & Back

Beautiful hike on February 8, 2016. Family day, but when we arrived there were only 3 other cars there! Beautiful hike up probably took is about 2.5 hours up; there are some points of breaking out in a good sweat but nothing over the top strenuous. Good variety of incline and flatter areas. First bit is walking on the road that is not accessible by car, then you will notice a path to your right or you head straight up on incline. Take the incline... It goes on for a ways, about 30-40 minutes? Once it breaks into a more gentle incline and wide, even path keep you eyes open for a wooden sign on your left marked Zoa Peak... Heading into the trees. Watch for orange flagging and head through here for about 40 minutes? Then the trail has variety of open areas, inclines, etc. I suggest reading a couple other reviews if you want more precise details. ;) Relaxed at the top for about an hour as we had lunch, enjoyed the views and made hot chocolate. And added layers! Around 1 hour down, relaxing and took our time as it was a gorgeous sunny day and we didn't want to leave! So warm in the sunshine I enjoyed hiking in my tank top about half the time! Make sure you bring layers though as it was cold at the top. By top I mean false summit. That is as far as we went as we heard the real summit views don't compare to the false summit views - which were spectacular! Enjoy Gods creation on dazzling display up there!
My time frames are pretty rough, I didn't pay much attention to the time. :)
Keep in mind there are no bathrooms.