West Canyon to Golden Ears Trail

West Canyon to Golden Ears Trail is a 13.3 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Maple Ridge, BC that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great.

Great overnight hike

Great hike, not recommended for beginners or those recovering from knee surgery. Did 3/4 of this hike (one way) with two beginners, still awesome despite not being able to get through the whole trail.

Completed this hike for the first timein a day (12hrs round trip including breaks) with my mom back in early September 2014. It was amazing and I can guarantee that I will be back. It's definitely doable as a day hike if you are fit but next time I think I'd like to camp on Panorama Ridge to experience the sunset and sunrise. By doing the hike in a day I felt like I wasn't able to spend enough time enjoying the incredible views from the top as I would have liked to. Overall a steep and strenuous, yet absolutely worth the effort, hike.