Wedgemount Lake

Wedgemount Lake is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Squamish-Lillooet, BC and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible from July until September.

3.3 miles 3805 feet Point to Point

Did the hike today (sep beginning) ! Started at around 8.45 am and we got up by noon with a few water break . View was absolutely spectacular , Sky blue lake with towering snow capped mountains and a majestic glacier ... Once you get to the top you can spend 45 mins hiking to the foot of the glacier (highly recommend it - Twas unreal) . Please take along hiking poles , it'll save your knees and make the journey down much more pleasant .

While coming down , we left the top around 3 and got to the parking lot by 5.45 pm

Did it last weekend, I would have to agree with all the reviews. It is equivalent to 2 grouse grinds and one 500 m rock scrabble with a really high elevation gain at the end of the hike. The end hike is really steep and very technical...some parts are washed out which made me a little worried about going down. But, it's doable. The hike back down is a knee killer. Bring trekking poles if you have bad knees. If you don't have purifying tabs, 3 L would do you well. That would be on the safe side. I brought 4 L but, only used 3L. I would recommend doing it around August or September. Drier and less mosquitos and horse flies. Also, the lake will be swimmable if you get up there at the hottest time. However, it's still cold. Bring a light jacket or sweater to keep you warm after. The spectacular view makes up for the gruelling hike. I would do this again.

I would have rated the trail higher due to the spectacular view and the bluest water I've ever seen at the top, however, I don't think I would ever willingly do this trail again :) True to prior reviews, this is a very advanced and steep hike and is relentless on your joints on the way down - bring your trekking poles! The horse flies were obnoxious on the way up, but I had no idea how much we would miss them once the mutant mosquitos set in about halfway up. After nearly 5 hours of trekking up, we could only stand to be at the top for a few minutes due to the swarms. Bring your strongest cancer-causing Deet and I recommend layers and long sleeves even in the summer. The top has a bathroom, tent platforms and and a cute shelter. We started at a slower pace on the ascent around 1 pm and made it up and back to the car in a little over 8 hours.

Incredible hike! We did this mid June. Definitely a tough one, but well worth it. Wouldn't recommend for beginners, and your fitness level should be fairly decent. Bring plenty of layers as it's much cooler at the top, and good hiking shoes are a must. Lots of switchbacks, steep sections and the hardest part is closest to the top with many rocky scrambles and slippery sections. However, the top part is only around 20-30 minutes of a climb, and you can catch your breath viewing the stunning glacier-fed lake. Will definitely do again, and would love to camp here.

Awesome hike. Definitely a work out.

July 10-11, 2015. Very steep hike with a full pack! Great platforms for tents. Nice hike from the lake to the glacier. Bug spray a must once the sun goes down. But cannot ask for a better place to tent!

You work to see the beauty of the lake :-)

Fantastic, but a tough hike! Took us a good 4 hours of steady trekking to get up. Very steep hike, not for beginners. Totally worth the hike though! We tented up there, but it was awesome to be able to leave our bags in the hut over night. I'm glad we did when I saw animal tracks by the glacier the next morning... not sure what type of cat it was. We had perfect weather on July 6-7, 2014. According to the journal in the hut, the weekend before got hit with snow overnight, but the general camping area was clear of snow... though quite wet. Also, from reading the journal, sounds like the best chance at snow free visits are July and August. Great view up there, watching the sunset as the clouds rolled in and out. And the colour of the lake is fabulous! Coming down was quicker of course, but definitely steep.

Did it October 2014, very wet and slippery, not an easy hike for beginners due to the elevation gained in a relatively short distance. Better be in good shape specially to do the last km. The reward is once you reach the lake, the view is spectacular; from there you can do several hikes, including the one to the glacier. There is a refuge and outhouse, and there is even some wooden platforms around the lake were you can camp overnight. Truly spectacular.