Tod Inlet Trail

Tod Inlet Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Central Saanich, BC that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

This is a well maintained trail which is part of Gowland Tod Provincial Park. Tod Inlet trail makes a gentle descent (2km) through tall cedars, pine, and fur trees. Most of the path is shaded with patches of sunshine forcing its way through the canopy. Once you reach the bottom of the trail, there are benches along the water's edge for relaxing. Strollers and wheelchairs can be used for the entire hike on the main trail. There are also offshoots from the main trail for hikers which descent the ravine to the stream; the steep sections are fortified with stairs.

This was an easy, relaxing hike which astounded me with its beauty. Once I made my way down the well-maintained path, I relaxed on a bench and watched the activities in the inlet. From birds chirping, to yachts and sail boats floating at their moorings, I had lots lot look at. I met up with 10-15 other people, some with dogs, and all were friendly. I would do this hike again and again if I was a local, but I live in California. Still, I plan to return again!