Sumas Mountain Trail

Sumas Mountain Trail is a 8.7 mile out and back trail located near Abbotsford, BC that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is accessible from May until October.

Didn't go the whole way - got to the lookout point and turned back, took about 2hrs total. Best to hike in smaller groups (i.e. pairs) because the trail is narrow and single-file most of the way.

Completed in late October. Poorly marked. Trails were super confusing and honestly wasn't sure where the top ever was. It was one of the most confusing hikes I've done yet. Wasn't even a ton of snow. Just no clear markings anywhere and even less when you got near the top.

great hike!!!

A nice hike up from the trailhead to the Eastern Lookout. It took us about 4 hrs (2 up and 2 down) and we were hustling because the sun was going down. We did the last 30-40 minutes on headlamps and I'm thankful for whoever put up the reflective trail markets on the trees (orange/white). Saw a few others going up and down and even some people fishing at Chadsey Lake. My GPS clocked the whole trip at 12.3 km.

Easy hike up. Really clear view of the valley. Live close and love it for an evening hike

Nice hike completed

Great hike! For sure a good work out. Chadsey lake at the top was beautiful!

I hiked the trail with my scout group. Not only did we hike to Chadsy Lake ,but we camped there too. It was a blast and the scenery was amazing. Although I wanted to, I never ended up swimming in the lake, but I'm sure that would also have been a blast. Can't wait to go again.