Ridge Park Loop Trail

Ridge Park Loop Trail is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Coquitlam, BC that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice trail but poorly marked with a lot of offshoots, the start/end area is a little confusing,

Great little spot for an afternoon hike.

Very steep at first, the train has little markers so using the GPS was the only way we could do the full trail and even then ended up doing some extra by mistake. Really nice views going up but not much to see during the bulk of the hike other than trees and mulch not much green. The river was very nice ! and there is a rope to help get across if it's wet. Once coming down it was really steep I had my son on a carrier on my back and it was a bit hard. Over all we would do it again.

Not a bad trail. Some sections are a little slippery- downhill gravel- a little harder on the 5 and 7 year old. On the southeast side of the trail there is no under brush- a little dreary, but once you come around to the other side it is a little greener. Nice benches along the north side part of the trail- we parked in the lot across from the gold course on Parkwood blvd. Only saw 4 other people on the trail!

I think this trail is more advanced than moderate. Going up the mountain it is poor marked as there are many smaller trails that seem to connect at some point to the trail. This hike is basically 1 hour hike up mountain and 1 hour down mountain. Since I'm a little less experienced it took me 2hrs 25 mins. There are some slippery areas especially around the river streams. There are lots of roots and uneven terrain going downhill. Uphill most of terrain is bark mulch. The trail is part off leash for dogs and part on leash. Hiking poles are recommended.