Mount Gardner Loop Trail

Mount Gardner Loop Trail is a 6.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bowen Island, BC that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Good trek

Victoria Day was a perfect day to do this hike. The map (& the descriptor that came with it) at the link below made life sooooooooooo easy! I opted for the less traveled N Gardner trail as described in the link and didn't meet the crowds until after I'd eaten lunch at the top of the north summit. There's a good mix of elevation & a nice push to the Sunshine Coast view point & north summit.

The trail is, for most part, VERY well marked if you have an idea of what you're looking for/which route you're going to take. However, unlike most other trails the red-orange diamonds you find on so many of our trails (thanks a million to the people who do this BTW) were tiny - not a complaint, just a heads up you might want to pay attention, which isn't a terrible thing when you're exploring - so it was nice to have this as a back up. Periodically there are also what look like painted bottoms of coffee tins and really nice large wooden signs with names & directional arrows carved into them.

Be mindful there are quite a few trails on here. That said I don't think you could truly get lost here. Just don't take the turn off for Bowen Bay unless you want to add, I believe, an extra 10km as pointed out in another comment.

My route was exactly as described in the link... and I also didn't bother with the South Summit... there's no view and well an extra few ft really wasn't worth the extra effort. Note there are two helipads - visit them both as they are on opposite sides so afford gorgeous views of different coastlines.

Take plenty of water - I saw no opportunities on my way and I drank the 4L I took plus more when I got back to Snug Cove.

It took me 2hr 58 min to do 10.71 miles. The elevation courtesy of my Garmin was slightly higher than that stated on the Vancouver Trails website. It actually took me longer to get home than to do the hike due to a 2hr wait for the ferry.... Certainly not the worst thing in the world. :)

Thank you Mike Hanafin!