Golden Ears Trail

Golden Ears Trail is a 13.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Maple Ridge, British Columbia, Canada that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until September. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

super difficult but the view is absolutley amazing. the summit is very sketchy.

Great.

September 26, 2015. Started at 9:20AM. Had planned to overnight and summit the following day. Made it to Panorama Ridge by 2:45PM. Got caught in a hailstorm while setting up camp. Couldn't warm up after that and ended up heading down at 5:00PM. Got back to the truck at 8:00PM!

Love it had good time

I love hiking all the Ears trails

geocaching

The hike was great. Took a dog with me. Spent the night at the hut. The sun set and sunrise was awesome. Will do it again soon.

Great overnight hike

Fantastic hike

Great hike, not recommended for beginners or those recovering from knee surgery. Did 3/4 of this hike (one way) with two beginners, still awesome despite not being able to get through the whole trail.

Amazing, but challenging. Go early if you want to do it in one day. Otherwise stay overnight. Have a proper footwear as on the way down its very hard in toes and knees. and tape up your toes if you want to save your toe nails on the way down ;)

I love this hike ,it's amazing ,it's a bit of a challenge though but well worth it :) .

It done this hike 4 times and have reached the summit once. Took me all day but I would recommend camping at alder flats or much higher into the hike preferably around 3.5 hours in. There was snow right after the shelter in September so make sure you have proper foot ware. Best hike and beat view I've ever done though. Have fun !

Love this trail! its definitely one of my all time favourites! I completed it in a day with my mom in early September (just under 12 hrs including breaks) and it was amazing! next time I would definitely camp however because I felt like I didn't get to enjoy the scenery and views as much as I would have liked. Not to mention the sunset! A must hike for any avid outdoor person.

Note to anyone reading the "details" tab of this page...I definitely wouldn't classify this hike as "easy" whatsoever. You don't need any technical skill or climbing gear but it's definitely a very strenuous hike. Also, it probably shouldnt be labelled as a "year-round" hike, more late spring - late fall. I guess depending on your experience and gear it would be possible to summit year round but for most people that would be very unsafe. Does anyone know who writes the details page?

Completed this hike for the first timein a day (12hrs round trip including breaks) with my mom back in early September 2014. It was amazing and I can guarantee that I will be back. It's definitely doable as a day hike if you are fit but next time I think I'd like to camp on Panorama Ridge to experience the sunset and sunrise. By doing the hike in a day I felt like I wasn't able to spend enough time enjoying the incredible views from the top as I would have liked to. Overall a steep and strenuous, yet absolutely worth the effort, hike.