Garibaldi Lake Trail

Garibaldi Lake Trail is a 11.5 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Squamish-Lillooet, British Columbia, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from July until November.

Great trail. Be sure to stop at the lookout. The birds ate granola from our hands! Wish we had left earlier to allow more time at the lake!

Great place

Awesome hike. Being a first timer here (from Seattle, WA), I go a little too excited and hit every trail to some extent :) Got to beyond the Helm/Panorama junction via Taylor Meadows trail (turned around after hitting snow, and visibility was horrible). Tried the Black Tusk...same here...but clouds/rain made me turn around. Then headed for Garibaldi via the direct back trail (no name). After lunch, headed back down to rubble creek parking using the actual Garibaldi Lake trail. This will make is a good 16 mi (26km) RT hike - about 8 hours with lunch break. Good hike. No bugs...but had two bear encounters (harmless). Trail was in great condition regardless of moisture/rain at times. Oh, the hike start is truly all uphill full of switchbacks. lol.

My favorite of all the trails I've hiked! This review is very late as we went late last August. A bit tough at times but very doable and rewarding. Beautiful scenery and views of glacial lakes and rivers. Lots of places to stop and snack/enjoy the view. I swam in Garibaldi Lake at the top as well.

Very rewarding hike... Lovely lake! Breathtaking views!

An incredible day hike. Take lots of water and snacks. There are a few picnic tables at the lake to enjoy lunch. We took our time up and down and we were 6 hours. Make sure you stop at the Barrier lookout. There are quite a few very friendly chipmunks that will eat out of your hand. There were quite a few flies, so make sure you take some insect repellent. I highly recommend this hike if you have a free day while in Whistler.

We hiked from Rubble Creek parking lot to Garibaldi Lake on July 26th and camped out by Garibaldi Lake for 1 night. I highly recommend this hoke/camp. The trail is very easy to follow, well marked. On the way up it took us 3.5 hours and under 3 hours on the way back down. The trail is 9KM; the first 6KM is a steady uphill through deep forest, the last 3 KM is a little flatter and you cut through some other lakes. There are few streams running through the trail - bring water. Make sure to take the short 100 metre detour to view the "lookout".

Excellent hike. 67K of UP, but the trail is well taken care of, making it good for the heart and easy on the feet. Reach two smaller lakes, then 2.6K up and down to destination. One of the best day hikes I've ever done, outstanding views. Start early so you can spend time at the lake.