Berg Lake Trail

Berg Lake Trail is a 11.7 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Fraser-Fort George, BC that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from June until September.

11.7 miles 4198 feet Point to Point

ice climbing

rock climbing

cave

bridge out

23km trail 1 way, takes roughly 7 hours to berg lake. Along the way you will past through Kinney lake, white horn and the valley of a thousand falls, emperor falls. On the trail you will see 16 glaciers. One of the top trails in Canada.

Great backpacking trail. Did a girls trip the first weekend of October! Can't wait to go back again.

Lots of great amenities for the first time multi-day hiker. A rugged but well maintained trail that makes this a good choice for anyone just starting to get serious about spending a few nights in the outdoors. The scenery is non-stop breathtaking.

Berg Lake camp is the place to stay. Awesome and challenging trail. Never ending beautiful scenery.

Beautiful backpacking trail with lakes, valleys, streams and water falls and glaciers.

It was beautiful and clear on the 2 day hike to Burg Lake. Rainy, on the way back on the third day, but lovely again as we walked out on day 4.

Amazing! The switch backs are a challenge but the whole thing is so worth it! If you do it in one day it will take you around 12 hours or so!

Amazing! One of my favourite places of all time. Such beautiful glaciers, waterfalls, snow capped peaks, crystal clear lakes etc.

glorious

I have done this twice. Go all the way up to Snowbird Pass. Just love it.

Incredible waterfalls, beautiful lakes with mountainous backdrops, and plenty of glaciers. I hiked this trail in July 15... The ONLY downside was the large number of mosquitoes and flies. Snowbird Pass and Tobogan Falls are worth the day hikes as well.

I backpacked this in July'14' for four days and had awesome clear skies for all four days. The amazing amount of variety along the trail is stunning and will keep you mesmerized the whole way. If you are an avid hiker, this is a top five anywhere in the world. I camped at Berg and Rearguard though this year (YES, I'm going back), I think I'll take a site near the flowing river at Emperor Falls for a incoming night.
Add Snowbird Pass, at least up to the Robson Glacier and Mumm Basin if you have more time BUT do GO..! What a road trip (fifteen hours for me from WA State-USA.

Its 6.5KM to the first campsite Kinney Lake, an easy hike along the Robson river with huge trees. Kinney lake is nice. 4km more and your at whitehorn, theres a bit of a climb from kinney but nothing difficult. Here the views of waterfalls is really awesome. Get ready for a climb cause the next 5km till you get to Emperor Falls campground is tuff you'll climb 500m over 4km of it. Emperor Falls its self is about 1km before the campground watch for the side trail on the right, Emperor falls is huge! now leaving Emperor Falls campsite your at the 16km mark you have an easy 3km to Marmot campground. Marmot is a nice campground to bask in the sun with views of Berg Lake Glacier and is on the edge of berg lake. 2 more km and your at Berg Lake campground an easy hike and the largest campground with a chalet to hang out in (great for rainy days, but no overnight use). then an easy 1km or so till Rearguard, nice views of the backside of Mt Robson. Another 1km and you hit Robson Pass this is a great campsite to base other hikes out of Snowbird Pass, Mums Basin, Toboggan Falls. All the Berg Lake Trail campsites have something to offer you cant go wrong anywhere on this trail. A must do hike.

STUNNING hike and well worth the 23km trek. Only thing I would have done differently is bring my hiking poles. Berg Lake/Mount Robson is overwhelmingly gorgeous. My partner and I spent a few days camping at Berg Lake and did a few day hikes nearby. We did not want to leave. A+++

My partner and I did this trail, it was my first time and her second. It was mind blowing awesome for both of us. With the changes of terrain, you get to experience so much on this trail. I would highly recommend it. We spent 5 days total, which is longer than most people, but I really enjoyed be able to relax and appreciate the mountain.
Day 1: Hike to Kinney Lake
Day 2: Kinney to Berg
Day 3: Day hikes around Berk Lake
Day 4: Hike down to Kinney
Day 5: Hike out

Thought I would review sooner but have been busy and hoped to redo the trip as we did not make it to the top. Unfortunately the weekend we went they also had a marathon, so we continually had to step aside for the runners which really slowed us down. We reached the top of white falls, then turned back to white horn campground and the valley of a 1000 falls. This section we stopped at is really steep, uncovered and trail is very narrow. Doing it in 30 degree sun was a killer. And with injuries already in our party the best thing to do was head back down to campground.

The trail itself is mesmorizing, following robson river and going through rain forest for first 4 km until you reach the start of Kinney lake. This was just a gradual climb and most people just stop here. We then continued back into the forest and circled to the back of Kinney lake. Aprox 4 more km's. there is a campground here and is perfect trip to take the little ones. I did dip my head into the glacier fed lake, it was cold but oh so refreshing. From here there are 2 paths, easier is following the rock bed of the lake depending if flooded over, but its flat for a few km, the other is up and down until u get to the clearing. Crossing clearing there were a few man made bridges until u reach the next mountain, where a somewhat steep climb awaits through another rain forest. Colors, moss, leaves the size of a basketball await. There are some great views back to Kinney lake from here throughout the elevation. Once through the forest you arrive at whitehorn campground and the valley of a thousand falls. Surrounded by mountains with glaciers breaking every couple of hours. Waterfalls running down everywhere. On 1 part of the mountain alone we had 8 full waterfalls. Breathtaking. I recommend stopping here for rest of the day. Many set their tents up here and carried as little as possible the rest of the way as I said before the next part is very steep. The next part of the trail you come up to the base of white falls, from here the steep incline occurs. We ascended to the 4th switchback and turned back, it was just to hot to do at 3 in the afternoon and new we had 4 more hours to go. Was told there was close to 20 switch backs in this area

All in all it was a great trip, we are planning it again next year with more people and will make it to the top adding in a extra day. We can't wait

Friends and I are doing this trail weekend of sept 8. 2012. Lots of photos and review then