Windtower is a 6.6 mile out and back trail located near Alberta, AB that offers scenic views. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing.

Great hike! Not very difficult, beautiful views everywhere you look. Bring warm clothes it can be chilly with the amount of wind at the peak!

Very rewarding views at the summit. The hike was not that difficult but very doable. You are treated with amazing views all the way to the summit.

Not my favourite hike lots of scree on the way up to the tower!

Stunning views. Such an amazing perspective of Mount Lougheed and all the valleys that lead up to it. Easy Trail finding, only had a small slip up at the bottom. Make sure you stay right at the fork.

I would do this again in a heartbeat!

A beautiful hike/easy scramble with gorgeous views of the valley of the Spray Lakes. When I was in this area last year ( Red Ridge scramble) for the first time, I was so mesmerized by the views of the lakes and the high peaks that I vowed I would return. Thanks to my friend Daunia who picked this hike as her birthday hike, not only were I able to spoil my camera again, I also got a closer look at the mighty Peter Lougheed.