Vermillion Lake Trail

Vermillion Lake Trail is a 1.2 mile loop trail located near Alberta, AB. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for mountain biking and scenic driving.

scenic driving

We drove this "trail" but we shared the road with several bikers, runners, and walkers. It's a nice, scenic drive perfect for an afternoon after a strenuous day of hiking.

Short, peaceful in the mornings

The road passes by a series of small, calm, shallow lakes with multiple pull offs with benches that provided a perfect spot for a peaceful Sunday picnic lunch for my wife and me. We watched a pair of common loons swimming and diving while a rain shower came over the mountain peaks and made it's way up the valley toward us. We were very blessed by the time to contemplate the beautiful Rocky Mountain vistas and highly recommend this road.

Road goes by a series of small, shallow, calm, marsh like lakes with multiple pull offs with benches to sit and contemplate the beautiful mountain vistas. It was a great place for a peaceful Sunday picnic lunch for my wife and me. Great wildflower and birding spot. We watched a pair of common loons swimming and diving while a rain shower came over the peaks and moved our way up the valley. We were very blessed by the experience and highly recommend this spot.

Beautiful trail to rent a bike and ride relaxing great view of sulphur, rundle, and buffalo mountain you get to see a couple lakes and is very easy