Signal Mountain Fire Lookout

Signal Mountain Fire Lookout is a 9.3 mile out and back trail located near Jasper, AB that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible from July until September.

Great hike to do if you are just getting started on doing some big hikes. The view for most of the trek were just trees which frustrated me a little but when you got to the end of the tree line near the top the views were pretty awesome. I didn't check out the lookout so to say because I was more interested in reaching the summit. So I kind of had to make my own path up to the summit which was a bit tricky at times due to the rocks being a little unstable. The walk back down was a breeze and was done in half the time it took to get up there. If you're looking on doing a hike with great views then maybe this one isn't the best for you unless you don't mind walking 9km in the forest to get to the summit which hits you with some pretty nice views at the top

good hike. those of you hiking make sure to to turn left instead of going into the campsite if you want to reach the summit of the mountain. turn left again to find the skyline trail.

Great hike with steady elevation gain. Was raining/socked in with fog and trail was muddy in spots when I did this one; going to do again when it's clear and dry. There is a picnic/camping area near the look out.

I ended up hiking this trail mid October. There was not a single person around and the trail was clean and quite. The elevation gain is a smooth gain that flattens out along side the creek bed. During my accent up, my hiking buddy and I spotted a lone Mountain Sheep. Great hike that could be done by anyone at any fitness level.