Rummel Lake Trail

Rummel Lake Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Alberta, AB that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

great lake scenery at the end. 3+ hours total with break for lunch. Currently snow packed trail, snow shoes needed if you want to go further than the lake.

June 23/16 - Great hike. We hiked on a rainy day so there were no other people on the trail. Still beautiful at the lake and a great spot to stop for lunch.

I love Kananaskis but this wasn't one of my favourite hikes. Much quieter than Chester Lake - which was nice, and it was a bit more difficult. All of the elevation is in the first couple of kilometres. Skinny trail, mainly through the trees, but pretty once you get to the falls and when it opens up at the Lake. Took us 3 hours return - moderate pace.

I absolutely love doing this hike. I took my time on this hike and it took me about 2.5 hours round trip. The lake at the end is a must see. My only tip for this hike is that when you get to the bridge DO NOT take it. Instead stay right on the trail and continue straight. It's about 10min longer then the bridge trail but you will have an amazing hike up the side of a small waterfall.

This hike is great. Highly recommend it. You get a bit of everything. Mountain peaks, dense lush Forrest trails, waterfalls, meadows and an emerald coloured lake at the end. Various types of terrain from rooty bush ground to a small rock trail on the side of a hill by a waterfall. You park on the Smith Dorrian at Mt Shark road, on the shoulder, and the trailhead is directly across from the Mt Shark Road turnoff. You have to do some mild bush whacking as the trail is wiped out in certain parts. No problem though. In the summer when you reach the bridge do not take it - stay on the right side of the creek and keep going straight you will find the path again. The bridge is the winter trail and you miss a stunning multi level waterfall.
It's a 10km round trip hike. Took us 4 hours including an hour at the lake to eat and rest. We walked around the entire lake. The rock slide side is a mild nuisance. Bring bug spray.
We came back down the winter trail which you can clearly see from the lake on the left hand side. It's a big short cut. Saved 20 mins or more.
This hike has turned in to a favorite. Do it.
You won't be disappointed. Rated moderate - nothing too challenging. Nothing too steep. Check out my summer pics posted above and also on Hike Alberta on Facebook

It was a good hike. It was still snowy when we were there. The lake was still frozen.