Rawson Lake Trail

Rawson Lake Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Kananaskis, Alberta, Canada that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

bridge out

Great winter hike in the snow

Beautiful views of Upper Kananaskis Lake to start and Rawson Lake did not disappoint at the end.

Great dog friendly trail! Fishing steep climb up to ridge... beautiful scenery!

I would say this hike would be considered hard, just for the first half because there is a pretty decent incline but towards the middle it is much more level with an occasional climb. Right now a good portion of the hike trail is covered in very slippery ice, so I would recommend ice cleats or hiking poles. Altogether the top makes it worth it with a very peaceful frozen lake!

Absolutely stunning views! There were a surprising number of people on the trail for shoulder season. Lots of beautiful snow. I disagree with the rating of "hard". I found this to be a quick and easy hike. Park in upper kananaskis lake lot and walk around lake trail until you reach signs for Rawson Lake trail. Enjoy!

I've done this twice and both time I've enjoyed it. first time I've done it with a friend and the other time did it with my son and the same friend.

I loved this hike! It was a nice moderate incline. Beautiful green moss and a nice waterfall to take pictures in the beginning.
The lake was gorgeous and the mountain range was beautiful. I tried to do the scramble but scared myself as I didn't feel comfortable with the shoes I was wearing and it was a tad slick.

Such a beautiful hike, but if you plan on doing the scramble I would definitely bring poles!

Great work out and great views, my kind of hike.

Definitely not an easy hike but well worth it!

one of the most beautiful and rewarding hiking trails

Loved it! Found it challenging but not hard and the view is phenomenal

Very challenging but well worth the view!