Rawson Lake Trail

Rawson Lake Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Alberta, AB that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until November. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

bridge out

I would say this hike would be considered hard, just for the first half because there is a pretty decent incline but towards the middle it is much more level with an occasional climb. Right now a good portion of the hike trail is covered in very slippery ice, so I would recommend ice cleats or hiking poles. Altogether the top makes it worth it with a very peaceful frozen lake!

Absolutely stunning views! There were a surprising number of people on the trail for shoulder season. Lots of beautiful snow. I disagree with the rating of "hard". I found this to be a quick and easy hike. Park in upper kananaskis lake lot and walk around lake trail until you reach signs for Rawson Lake trail. Enjoy!

I've done this twice and both time I've enjoyed it. first time I've done it with a friend and the other time did it with my son and the same friend.

I loved this hike! It was a nice moderate incline. Beautiful green moss and a nice waterfall to take pictures in the beginning.
The lake was gorgeous and the mountain range was beautiful. I tried to do the scramble but scared myself as I didn't feel comfortable with the shoes I was wearing and it was a tad slick.

Such a beautiful hike, but if you plan on doing the scramble I would definitely bring poles!

Great work out and great views, my kind of hike.

Definitely not an easy hike but well worth it!

one of the most beautiful and rewarding hiking trails

Loved it! Found it challenging but not hard and the view is phenomenal

Very challenging but well worth the view!

First hike of the year - Sunday, August 7 2016.

Bear sightings reported that day, we saw none. We did however, see approx 20 mountain goat on drive out.

We hiked to east side of Rawson Lake to about the start of the Sarrail Ridge assent, but ended our hike there after enjoying lunch. This took us approx 1 hour 30 minutes, it could probably be completed in 1 hour.

The trip down took approx 1 hour, 20 minutes.

There were about 20 other visitors passed on each assent and decent.

I would love to hike again and to attempt Sarrail Ridge.

A good work out for a a relative novice like me. First k was easy. Next 2.7k a bit of a steep climb but worth the views!

Rawson lake is an average hike. The sarrail ridge is hard but definitely worth it to get two different views of the lakes!

fly fishing

Great hike and fishing. The trail was fairly busy.