Prarie View Trail

Prarie View Trail is a 8.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Alberta, AB that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from March until October.

I have mixed feelings about this hike. We did the difficult route. It started off really boring so I'm glad I did this one with a friend so we had lots to talk about! Once a couple km in the incline up gets super intense and I wondered if it would ever end Iol I am also not in the greatest shape and had major surgery 3 months prior so it really can't be that bad I guess.
There are two viewing points. Amazing. I'm scared of heights so it was a bit out of my comfort zone but loved every minute of it. I'm too much of a scaredy so I stayed back quite a bit but I felt the view was breathtaking.
The hike down was pretty uneventful as well. Through lots of trees and not too much to look at.
Once we were down we may have taken a longer way. Again. Nothing too impressive and it's along the power lines.

Great day hike mostly in the trees along an old forestry road to the fire lookout. Two great viewpoints on the way up to the false summit look down on Barrier Lake. Once you are at the Prairie View false summit turn right, cross the small split a in the rocks and continue up to the lookout tower for great views of the actual prairies (and Hwy #1 of course). It's a busy trail so safer than many others. The last part of the trail is fairly steep, which is why this trail is rated as moderate. Good elevation gain for a short two hour climb up to the summit.

My new favourite hike! Would love to go back on a night hike there. Not hard at all. Fantastic views!

The view is amazing!

Good hike, trail doesn't specify how to get to the cabin at the top. Once you hit the white sign go right and keep hiking.

Easy just don't take jewel pass down

Amazing views! Quite a busy trail during the day, but makes for a safer hike I guess!
Your sharing the trail with mountain bikes, so be aware.

Great hike with an amazing view!

it was a trial you would not expect the view to be so spectacular. make sure you continue going straight after you walk along the bridge. then you'll be on a marked path that leads all the way up to the peak!

We're newbies and this was a very hectic hike for us. Especially with the recent September snowstorm a lot of the trees were down and obstructed the paths. Got really slushy and muddy near the top - highly recommend cleats if you are venturing to the summit. We can imagine this being a nice hike without the snow and slush though. After reaching the first viewpoint all the sweat and tears were forgotten. We also celebrated my bro's b-day too. Great way to soak in a picturesque view and have the cake too!

Very beautiful trail! There are 2 official viewpoints and 1 unofficial but accessible. The first viewpoint is a big opening and you get to see barrier lake and the parking lot. The second view point is about 20min after the first and it has a very big white screen (you will for sure notice it). It's also a nice view but kind of the same as the first. You you still wanna go up higher you can keep on going up to the current fire station. Up there you get a 360 view! Worth the rock scrambling up there!!! It took me and my friend abou 3.5 hrs and we stopped a lot for pics!