Prairie View Trail to Jewell Pass

Prairie View Trail to Jewell Pass is a 9.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Kananaskis, Alberta, Canada that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

I have mixed feelings about this hike. We did the difficult route. It started off really boring so I'm glad I did this one with a friend so we had lots to talk about! Once a couple km in the incline up gets super intense and I wondered if it would ever end Iol I am also not in the greatest shape and had major surgery 3 months prior so it really can't be that bad I guess.
There are two viewing points. Amazing. I'm scared of heights so it was a bit out of my comfort zone but loved every minute of it. I'm too much of a scaredy so I stayed back quite a bit but I felt the view was breathtaking.
The hike down was pretty uneventful as well. Through lots of trees and not too much to look at.
Once we were down we may have taken a longer way. Again. Nothing too impressive and it's along the power lines.

great scenery at the top overall good hike

Challenging for a Novice Hiker but well worth the effort. Beat the crowds by leaving early and if you're lucky you'll see a deer or two.

Great day hike mostly in the trees along an old forestry road to the fire lookout. Two great viewpoints on the way up to the false summit look down on Barrier Lake. Once you are at the Prairie View false summit turn right, cross the small split a in the rocks and continue up to the lookout tower for great views of the actual prairies (and Hwy #1 of course). It's a busy trail so safer than many others. The last part of the trail is fairly steep, which is why this trail is rated as moderate. Good elevation gain for a short two hour climb up to the summit.

My new favourite hike! Would love to go back on a night hike there. Not hard at all. Fantastic views!

The view is amazing!

Good hike, trail doesn't specify how to get to the cabin at the top. Once you hit the white sign go right and keep hiking.

A decent hike that can get crowded so arrive early. Heavily treed for the first couple of km but stick with it as the views are awesome as you climb higher.

Great 3-4 hour round trip hike that delivers some spectacular views. Trail is very popular and parking is limited on weekends.

Nice hike. Steep for the first 3.5km, but you are rewarded with epic views. Heavily treed but the forest is quite pretty.