Nihahi Ridge Trail

Nihahi Ridge Trail is a 15.5 mile out and back trail located near Alberta, AB that features beautiful wild flowers and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from June until November.

An easy/moderate hike super close to Calgary. Absolutely unreal scenery. It was VERY windy at the top, but well worth it. I'll definitely do this one again.

A great workout! Took us 2 hours up (with a group of 6) and round trip was about 9km. All the sweat and aches were worth it for the spectacular views at the top.

July 22/16 - Great hike and lots of other people on the trail. Nice views at the top.

Absolutely awesome hike. Good work out and great views, a really good day out. I have not done it for along time so I will need to get back up there soon.

Great day hike close to Calgary. beautiful sites from the top.

Did this last fall. Nice hike, gets better the higher you go.

Did not get all the way up the ridge, but even so a beautiful quick hike from Calgary, AB.
Amazing views! Need to do this again soon.

Great views on both sides of the ridge. Take the fast way down the shale on the way back and walk along the river side.

Hiked it last Thursday. 1.5 hours to the peak.

Climbed this yesterday and it's an one of a kind experience.
The trail is easily separated into 2 parts. The first part (family part) is quite easy with no real danger just requires a bit of stamina, and the payoff is great. Takes about 1.5 hours with moderate pace.
Second part takes an extra hour and more dangerous, gets very steep at parts, loose rocks, couple of short hands on rock climbing, not for families and dogs. The payoff is spectacular like I said, one of a kind with amazing 360 views.
We had to backtrack a couple of times as we went the wrong way.
Highly recommended: A

A great hike only 45 min. from Calgary. Not to busy if you arrive early but can get very busy later on in the afternoon. Can get very windy at the top so be prepared to tie down that hat ! Exceptional views from the top

Great hike. Amazing views. Really busy trail.

A really fun trail with options to push on further for the hiker seeking something a little more challenging.

Nice hike. We went in the pouring rain (do not recommend, ha) and still really enjoyed it. Only complaint is that the trailhead is kind of hard to find and requires a bit of a walk through the campground to get to.

I really enjoyed it. There was rain in the forecast for the afternoon; so I needed something short but still wanted to be challenged. Nihahi was perfectly suited for what I was looking for. I'm also a big fan of ridge walks, and this is among the best I've done (second only to Lady Macdonald). I arrived at the parking lot in Little Bow campground at 9:00, was up top at 10:15. I maintain a relatively quick pace but still made time for a couple quick breather breaks. I'd recommend this to anyone unafraid of steep ridges and anyone looking for views unobstructed by towns and highways.