Upper Bertha Falls and Bertha Lake Trail

Upper Bertha Falls and Bertha Lake Trail is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Alberta, AB that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible from April until October.

My dad took us on this trip ages ago - it must have been in the late 90's. I still remember him jumping bare-butt into the lake and coming up screaming due to the cold. Haha - good memories. Would like to do this one again someday. We were able to get an 'off-road' stroller with a toddler in and out without issues.

This was an easy hike with limited views. The Bertha falls were the half way point and also were most of the tourism stops, because from here on, the real climbing begins.

Didn't go all the way to the lake, only to the falls as we ran out of time! However it was a very well marked and maintained trail with beautiful views all along Waterton Lake. The water was low enough mid summer to climb on the first waterfall. The second waterfall was a beautiful curtain! Can't wait to go back to this one and make it all the way to the lake!

Beautiful hike up to the falls. A great beginner or family hike. I personally don't think the remainder of the trail up to the Lake is worth it.

good hike for the family.

A nice easy hike to the falls. The kids weren't too challenged. Great views.

We only went as far as the falls. Moderately easy trail to do with kids. Breathtaking views

awesome, great hike to a beautiful waterfall. didn't go all the way to the lake.

Great trail. Good for those with kids. I remember doing this trail when my siblings were younger. I think my brother was 4. I have done this trail a few times since then too. Pretty views of the Upper Waterton Lake for a lot of the trail and the Falls are pretty too. Not too steep of a climb to get to the falls either.

Perfect day for a snowshoe up to the lower falls 9C. Was this really January? Had the entire trail to ourselves. Didn't venture much past the bridge as the Northeast facing slopes seemed prone to Avalanche.

Nice trail suitable even for small kids. The trail starts immediately south of Watertown and climb constantly up to a viewpoint where it is possible to decide to proceed towards the US border (downhill) or climb up for 10-15 more minutes and reach the Bertha falls.

We needed to get on the road, and hadn't time to wander too far. This was perfect! I short jaunt up to a waterfall with springing wildflowers all along the way! We saw a few deer and found tons of different flowers! It was a perfect early morning hike which gave us plenty of time to get on the road. Next time I'm in Waterton, I will try to make it all the way to the lake!

Very nice! Hiked all the way to the lake and found snow!

Beautiful even on a foggy morning. Pretty easy, but worth the time and effort.

Easy, but with nice views of the Waterton townsite and lake