Lineham Falls Trail

Lineham Falls Trail is a 5.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Alberta, AB that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from May until October.

5.9 miles 2022 feet Out & Back

This was a hike full of great scenery and opportunities for great photographs. The falls are spectacular and can be reached through a number of unofficial trails.

I was disappointed that the trail is only a viewpoint of the falls, We jumped the trail and proceeded up tot he base of the falls. I enjoyed the hike none the less :)

The trail my buddies and I did was a lot more intense than just the falls. We hiked the Rowe Lakes Trail up the Rowe Ridge and then across a saddle to the north and then dropped down skree to the Lineham Falls. I believe there used to be a trail up to Lineham Lakes but the trail was too dangerous so people have been going the way that we went. It is a full day hike. I hike pretty fast when I want to and this was a 7-8 hour hike. We ended up getting pinned at the top of the saddle overnight, we started the trail way to late in the day, luckily we had a tent and weren't in serious trouble or in need of rescue and made a fun time of it. Not recommended to do the same thing, I don't know if you can get a backcountry camping permit for that trail or not. But I would do it again if you can.

decent shorter hike in Waterton Lakes off the Akamina Parkway. the trail ends at a sign that marks the end of the trail. It was a rainy day and we took our time and had lunch at the end of the trail. Great rainy day hike. June 28, 2014 and an avalache had taken out part of the trail. Just cross the snow and pick up the trail to the left of the point of land. Plan on 4 hours if you really take your time.