Landslide Lake

Landslide Lake is a 20.9 mile out and back trail located near Clearwater County, AB. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

20.9 miles 2098 feet Out & Back

Did it with 3 friends in late season (Oct. or Nov. but it was about 8-9 years ago, so I can't quite remember). I had previously done Lake of the Falls and absolutely loved it - both the hike and the destination, so Landslide was next in the list. Now I'm heading to Landslide again tomorrow.

A great hike. We did the northern approach (from Cline river). Overall I'd say it's easy to medium if you're in decent shape. Trail is well defined, mostly forested, plenty of water along the way. Because of the creeks crossing your path you will have more uphill than the total gain suggests but these are short spurts. The lake is beautiful. When we were there the water was mirror like. We camped at the North end and had our cooking/hang out spot near the massive boulder there. Since snow was already on the ground we did not explore much but obviously there is plenty to do. Went back the same way we came. I can't remember the times but we made it within 5-6 hrs each way. I'm curious (nervous?) about tomorrow - I'm not in the same shape I was 10 years ago:)

Great hike into Landslide Lake. You can either hike in and back 16km each way, or you can continue through and over the pass at the back of the lake coming back out on Hwy 11 towards the Banff boundary. A great weekend trip.

This climb can either be a great climb for the outdoorsy family or a good challenge for the every day climber. With a awesome cave to explore too, I can't quite remember where it's located but once you find it you'll spend all day exploring it. Just remember to bring your helmet harness and lights as it can get quite sketchy