Lady Macdonald Teahouse Trail

Lady Macdonald Teahouse Trail is a 5.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Canmore, AB that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible from March until October.

Just came back from Lady McDonald Ridge today Oct 22, 2016. Parking was closed for construction so we parked in the next street. Started hike at 6 a.m. There was little snow after helipad but no need to have traction device or crampoin. It was windy at the top. In the way back, saw a couple heading to the ridge for "Love Celebration"

Very moderate trail but wouldnt call it hard.

This is an easy hike all the way to the helicopter pad past that is where it gets interesting. One you get to the ridge it's like a knife edge very narrow not for beginners. But before that is a lot of fun and super easy!

It's like a stair master that never ends. Great hike, difficult but worth it.

amazing but hard. Always check the weather forecast ahead of time NEVER go in the rain

Hard. For me anyways. This was one of the first hikes I completed of the season, and the unrelenting incline really punished my calves. Additionally, we happened to pick a 30 degree day with no a hint of wind; the first portion of the trail was in the trees and it was like hiking in an oven. Gradually, the view opened up and as it did the trail turned into more of a light scramble. The view from the tea-house was enjoyable enough, however the ridge was calling to me. I'd watched some exhilarating videos of the ridge walk on YouTube, and couldn't settle with the tea house landing. Onwards we climbed, this time on loose shale until we reached the summit. The ridge was every bit as exciting as on video, and remains my favourite. I strongly recommend this hike; so long as you can live with the jelly legs that follow its completion.

Was a great trip up to the helipad! Nice grind but not too difficult. We lost the trail and ended up on a much more difficult route for a bit until we found the trail again.

Steady uphill with little variation ending in a steep slog. Top view is the best part.

Great hike. was sore for 3 days!! Not for the weak or complaining types!! 4 hours up. 2 down.

Great Hike fun but yet challenging in some areas.
Views were amazing!

We did the Triple Crown (Lady Mac, EEOR, and Ha Ling) - super fun! It's much easier than you think!

i love the view on top

The trail is a moderate hike with a nice view of Canmore and the surrounding valley. About a 1/4 mile from the tea house the trail can get hard to follow. My wife and I lost and then picked up again.

Be warned no tea house at the top, just a platform.