Horseshoe Canyon Trail

Horseshoe Canyon Trail is a 1.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Kneehill County, AB. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running.

We've done this canyon several times, from hiking the whole canyon floor to climbing up to the highest peaks. It's a fun place to explore. Be sure to wear proper footware as the dirt and rocks are very loose and cannot be trusted to be stable. Also bring lots of water!

Fun and different, suitable for kids. Be prepared with water, hats, sunscreen, etc. for really hot temperatures in this area during summer.

My son and I did this hike in August 2015. Great weather. Fantastic scenery. If it had not been for the low flying tour helicopter passing over every ten minutes we would have scored this trail higher. The constant sound of the rotors echoing through the valley really did ruin the hike for us.

I've been on this trail so many times, it is never boring. It so fun exploring around the canyon. The scenery too, is awesome. Totally recommend this to families and anyone who likes adventure.