Ha Ling Peak

Ha Ling Peak is a 3.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Canmore, Alberta, Canada that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, mountain biking, and snowshoeing and is best used from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

43 minutes ago

Ha Ling is a great hike but definitely a challenging one. I completed it in the middle of April as a sunrise hike and it was great! It's very steep and was still covered in snow most of the way so I highly recommend good shoes/poles. Take lots of water and snacks because it is a workout! I would highly recommend as a sunrise hike as the view of Calgary and Canmore is incredible from the top. It's about a 4hr round trip in winter without cleats or poles (and stopping to enjoy the view). Highly recommend sunrise but make sure to be prepared and go with an experienced hiker.

Wasn't sure I had the right shoes. Had a little time after business trip so decided to just CanDOmore and see how it went.

Some spots with a couple feet of snow but others had already paved a nice trail so my feet didn't get too wet.

Towards the top, the grade was steep and you have the challenge of the wind and loose rocks but oh was the view so worth it!!!

Great hike great views of Canmore!

I did this mountain for the first time last year in spring. It gave me thought of doing it again in winter. That's why I came back today. This mountain is even more incredible in winter.

My boyfriend and I have done this hike twice now. Once in the summer and again last week (January) on a beautiful sunny day. It took us 3 hours round trip including a nice little sit up top to enjoy the views. This hike is great, not technical, and more pleasant than many. I would absolutely recommend this trail to anyone I know. Very accessible and even in the winter, the trail is very easy to follow. Windy as heck up top but that's to be expected. Bundle up once you get out from the trees! The short stretch up to the summit is a chilly one! I recommend yaktrax or micro spikes for the winter, they really helped with grip on the slippery snow trails :)

Had breathtaking views from the summit. Looking over the edge down to Canmore thousands of feet below was exhilarating. A short hike with little hands-on scrambling yet gets pretty high up. A lot of exposure to potentially bad weather though, I got back below treeline in the nick of time when a hail storm hit. Just minutes before the skies were clear.

A short yet moderate hike that climbs and climbs. Fantastic view from the top.

Went 2 weeks ago, the top half of the trail was hella icy and so crampons would have been helpful. Most people we encountered turned around halfway but we continued up and it was well worth it. Breath taking views. Scramble up the loose rock face was fun but only for the daring and stubbornly perseverant.

Well worn trail, very busy in summer months, view is well worth going to the top!

Beautiful view at the top, super windy past the tree line so pack for both warm and cold. definitely a work out, I would rate it a little harder than "moderate" for not being a hard core hiker. worth it all at the top though!

I did this with a small group of some teenage girls who had rarely hiked before. Round trip it took about 4 hours with lunch as the were quite slow on the heavy incline. Personally I would have been able to get up in about an hour thirty. Needless to say they won't be hiking with me anymore but it was a fantastic view at the peak. I was the only one to make it to the top. The trail was heavily traveled and we kept hopscotching the people in front and behind if us. Over all and excellent hike, but certainly not for beginners

unreal trip well worth going to the peak