Ha Ling Peak

Ha Ling Peak is a 3.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Canmore, Alberta, Canada that offers scenic views and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, mountain biking, and snowshoeing and is accessible from May until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Had breathtaking views from the summit. Looking over the edge down to Canmore thousands of feet below was exhilarating. A short hike with little hands-on scrambling yet gets pretty high up. A lot of exposure to potentially bad weather though, I got back below treeline in the nick of time when a hail storm hit. Just minutes before the skies were clear.

A short yet moderate hike that climbs and climbs. Fantastic view from the top.

Went 2 weeks ago, the top half of the trail was hella icy and so crampons would have been helpful. Most people we encountered turned around halfway but we continued up and it was well worth it. Breath taking views. Scramble up the loose rock face was fun but only for the daring and stubbornly perseverant.

Well worn trail, very busy in summer months, view is well worth going to the top!

Beautiful view at the top, super windy past the tree line so pack for both warm and cold. definitely a work out, I would rate it a little harder than "moderate" for not being a hard core hiker. worth it all at the top though!

I did this with a small group of some teenage girls who had rarely hiked before. Round trip it took about 4 hours with lunch as the were quite slow on the heavy incline. Personally I would have been able to get up in about an hour thirty. Needless to say they won't be hiking with me anymore but it was a fantastic view at the peak. I was the only one to make it to the top. The trail was heavily traveled and we kept hopscotching the people in front and behind if us. Over all and excellent hike, but certainly not for beginners

unreal trip well worth going to the peak

I was not ready for this! It should definitely be rated hard, not moderate in regards to "hiking"! I should have known 10mins in when the trail started to climb very steeply, that it was way harder than all the other hikes I have done! I loved C Level Cirque which was also rated moderate but this is a whole new level.
The views at the top were undeniably breath taking but as soon as you go above the tree line it gets super scary.
Beware to all inexperienced hikers and anyone who is even slightly scared of heights! On the other hand my husband (much fitter and a more confident hiker) loved it!

Great experience